Day 20 May 22, 2012
Not much happened today. We didn’t have class this morning
but McInnis came at 10:25 to pick us up to take us to the Neue Nationalgalarie,
a modern art gallery. There were some pieces that were really interesting,
other things just really confused me. McInnis wanted us to really appreciate
the art so he had us sit down and draw 2 of the pieces we saw so we would slow
down and pay attention a little more. It wasn’t bad, I can’t draw to save my
life so it was a good thing that he didn’t grade us. After he let us go off on
our own at the gallery, Ryne and I walked around and just before we were about
ready to leave we ran into Travis and he told us we should go to the exhibit
titled “Five Minutes of Pure Sculpture”. I’m glad we listened to him because
that was by far my favorite part of the whole place. The exhibit was in a
completely dark room, and there were projectors projecting shapes and lines on
the floor and walls that slowly moved to form different shapes and designs.
Maybe that sounds a bit lamer in writing but it was really cool to see and we
just walked around and talked and watched the shapes change. I really liked it.
After the sculptures we went outside and sat in the shade and waited for the
rest of the group. It was really hot so sitting in the shade was nice. Then we
headed back to Alexanderplatz and Ryne Kristin Travis and I went shopping and
first we went to New Yorker and there I bought a pair of sunglasses (because I
broke mine on the pub crawl), a scarf (because it was cute and only 1EURO) and
a tank top. We lost Travis while we were in the basement so Kristin Ryne and I
headed over to Alexa, the huge mall in the middle of the city. There we spent
way too much money. Luckily Kristin and Ryne talked me out of buying lots of
things, including 3 pairs of shoes. I bought some head phones because the lady
on the plane that broke mine, a cloth bag, and we went to build a bear, where I
made my first ever. I made a sheep and named her Schaf, which is German for
sheep. I dressed her in dirndl, which is the female equivalent to Lederhosen.
She is freaking cute! Kristin and Ryne also made one. It was lots of fun and
the lady who helped us was absolutely amazing. Then we took Ryne to H&M and
got him some sexy European clothes so he fit in here a bit better. It was a
good day and we didn’t get back til 6:00 or so. Then we bummed around until
10:15 then we headed to a bar and had a drink, only one before we came back to
the apartments. I attempted to take a shower but it was super cold and we had
no hot water so I washed my feet and went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment