Day 15 May 17, 2012
I woke up at 8:55 today and
we had class as usual and we didn’t really do much. McInnis was 15
minutes late and then as a group we decided to just head out into the city and
he was going to show us some things we talked about in class all week. First
place we went was to the Neue Wache. It’s not really all that impressive. It’s
a really pretty building but there isnt really much to it. It is made of stone
and has columns in the front and in the inside there is a single statue of a
mother mourning her fallen son. We talked about this memorial and the problems
it rose after the unification of Germany. After the Neue Wache we walked
towards the Brandenburg Gate and chilled there taking lots of pictures and
enjoying the view. After that we walked towards the Memorial for the Murdered
Jews of Europe. For those of you that don’t know what that is, it’s a memorial
that is made up of 2711-ish cement blocks on uneven ground and at different
heights its supposed to be confusing and disorienting. It’s really cool. After
spending 20 or so minutes wondering around there we headed to another Soviet
Memorial that was once again over sized and a tad obnoxious. We didn’t stay
there long and then we broke off for a 3 hours lunch break. Me Ryne Kristin
Collin Travis and Sarah decided to stay in
the city and go out for lunch. We went to Brauhaus Lemke. The same place we
went to with McInnis earlier in the trip. It was really good, I got roast pork
with dumplings. And I got a real Collin high five because I can do math and I
figured out the bill. That was probably the highlight of my day, not gonna lie.
After that we walked around some more and watched some B-boys in Alexanderplatz
have their spotlight stolen by some guys in Morphsuits. It was funny, and
Collin jabbered at some Bosnian chick begging for money. It was funny. After
lunch we headed to the Pergamon Museum and that was impressive. There were so
many huge things from all over the world. I have some amazing pictures that I
witures that I will try to upload later. It has whole buildings inside it
basically. After spending 2+ hours there Collin Kristin and I headed back into
the city and just kinda bummed around. We took a boat tour and talked and I
made Collin blush. Which was also a highlight of my day. Then we headed back to
the apartments were I made dinner for me and Kristin. Then we had a few beers
with Collin and Travis before doing homework, journaling and just bullshitting.
Today was good. Sorry the blog is kinda boring. Im tired and Ryne is rushing
me.
No comments:
Post a Comment