Day 2- May 4, 2012
Well my first full day in Berlin and what do I do?? SLEEP!
It was late last night when Kristin and I finally made it to bed so we slept in
til almost noon today. Then we just kinda chilled in our apartment and talked.
Finally we decided it would be a smart idea to fill out the room condition
report that had to be turned in before the land lord left at 2. So we checked
over the apartment and headed over to the office which is was just down the
street. Then we tried to wake up Sarah. Finally we rang enough and she woke up.
I just chilled in the room and Sarah filled out her condition report and
Kristin took her to the office to turn it in. By the time they got back I was
basically sleeping so Kristin decided to take a nap too. We woke back up at
about 2:30 when McInnis texted saying he was just leaving the airport and would
be here in about an hour and we could go get our Fahrkarten for the month. I
fell back asleep and woke up to my phone ringing and McInnis speaking German
saying he was here. I jumped out of bed and let him in. Then we chatted a bit
and headed into the city again to get our cards. After that we went to dinner
and just talked some more. We also walked around to burn off some energy and
did a bit of touristy shopping. After that we decided to head back to the
apartments. After we got back to the apartment we almost had a heartattack
because our living room door was closed but the balcony door was wide open. We
searched the entire place and made sure our stuff was still her e and after we
did that and everything was here and a stranger wasn’t, we relaxed a bit. I
showered and then Kristin and I invited Sarah over to play cards. We went to
the market and bought a bottle of wine and some vodka to drink and it was fun.
We talked and laughed and just had a good time. Sarah left around 1:00 in the
morning and Kristin got in the shower and I got ready for bed. Tomorrow we plan
on not sleeping so much and exploring Berlin a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment