Day 12 May 14, 2012
This morning for class we gave our presentations about our
individual districts. I stayed awake in class today J but showed up 10 minutes
after McInnis. But that’s totally not my fault because originally he said 9 but
then he texted me at 9:05 saying he wasn’t going to be there until 9:20 so I
decided to take a shower quick because I didn’t get to last night because our
clothes were still drying. So I showed up late but I didn’t miss anything. And
we just talked and then he let us out around 10:20 until he came at 1 for
sightseeing.
Over our break me and Travis took a nap. Kristin stayed up
and did stuff. I’m not really sure what. I woke up around 12:15 and made pizza
for lunch. Then when Travis woke up we bummed until 1. McInnis was actually on
time today so that was nice. We headed to the Wall Memorial and Museum. Its
basically this long strip where the wall once stood but now its replaced with
metal poles with tunnels and stuff marked on the ground. Its kind of hard to
explain without pictures but it was really cool. They showed where buildings
once stood before the wall was build and how they were destroyed. We learned
the completely moved a cemetery because it
interfered with plans for the wall. And they even persevered a watch tower, part of the
death strip, and the wall as original and block the sides so it seems as if the
wall is actually there and then across the street they have an observation deck
so you can look in on it from the west. That was by far my favorite part. After
the museum we went to get ice cream (spaghetti eis) and then over to the DDR
(GDR) Museum. It was really cool. Its really interactive
and there are lots of original “artifacts” of the time. There was a Trabbi and
you could buy Spreewald pickles. You could so pretend to be the Stasi and
listen into houses, and watch old news casts. It was really neat. They also had
games and actual information like regular museums but they presented it in a
totally different wa also had games and actual information like regular museums
but they presented it in a totally different way. I wish I would’ve taken
pictures but I was just too involved in it and quite honestly forgot I had a camera.
After the DDR Museum we went back to the apartments around
6,and I waited for Kristin and Travis. When they got home we decided to head to
the grocery store because Travis needed some things. When we got home shortly
after we had roommate dinner and Travis and Kristin took out the trash.J I made spiral pasta
with tomato mozerella and ricotta sauce. It was really good, and Travis bought
us garlic bread that was really good too. Then after dinner Kristin and I
cleaned up and did dishes. Travis
decided to do laundry in the tub.
Again tonight large portions of the group got together to
hangout and have a few drinks. Kristin Ryne and I played garbage with my
wonderful new deck of cards. Almost everyone left by 11 except Emily Karl
Collin Kristin and I. We then played Egyptian Rat Fuck and for the first time I
made it to the last 2 people instead of Collin and Kristin and I did that by
slapping back in! I was super excited, but Kristin still won. We only played 2
games and then Karl left. We played the foot game with just the four of us but
its better with more people apparently. Then we sat and talked about tons of
different things from shopping to cards to people on the group and Collin being
a Marxist (except he’s really not). It was a good night and no one was drunk
and crazy. Tomorrow we are discussing a chapter of Ladd I didn’t read and going
to Checkpoint Charlie and the Memorial for Soviet Soldiers. We’ll see how that
goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment