Day 1- May 3, 2012. Arrival in Berlin:
So, first day in Berlin not so exciting. Lots of it was
spend traveling and I was kinda majorly stressed out. I flew into Chicago from
Cedar Rapids by myself (That was technically still on May 2) and then from
Chicago to London with a good friend Kristin. That flight is when things kinda
took a turn for the not so good on the travel related side. I was excited for
Berlin so I couldn’t sleep. But once I did finally start to wind down and run
out of energy while watching the Social Network, this drunk woman comes back
and literally tries to crawl over me to sit next to the guy I was sitting next
to. She wakes me up and I tell her I will move so she can get in. Then as I
stand up she pushes through and breaks by new headphones L No more music for me.
I mess around with my headphones for a bit trying to get them to work again but
no luck. So I recline my seat a bit more and count sheep and sing the 99
bottles of beer song. Just as I am about to fall asleep again, a flight
attendant comes over and talks to the drunk woman who proceeds to raise her
voice and get all worked up. With about 4 hours left in the flight I finally
manage to fall asleep and wake up just after breakfast was served and we land
in about an hour.
After getting to London me and Kristen got off the plain and
headed through passport control and security
and attempted to find the terminal for our flight for Berlin. We ended
up having to take a bus for about 10-15 minutes to a terminal separate from the
actual airport. After getting there we needed to find our gate. By this point
we figured it should be on the screens but no. It wasn’t. We were stressing out
a bit. We landed in London at about 11:45 and our flight to Berlin boarded at
12:45. It was already 12:35 and the screen just said please wait. Finally at
12:48 we find the flight was delayed slightly, we were informed which gate to
go to and that we would be boarding shortly. There we met up with Sarah who is
also in our group, we boarded the plane at took off just a little behind
schedule. I slept the whole way to Berlin even though it wasn’t a very long
flight. After arriving in Berlin again we had to go through passport control
before we could claim our baggage. Here, yet again we run into some trouble. My
checked luggage wasn’t on the carrousel. We waited for quite a while and found
out that we needed to go the British Airways lost and found. I talked to the
ladies there and they said my bag was still in London and will be on the next
flight, so it should be here by 8 come back at 9 or we can deliver it. Then we
headed to the apartment. That took a while. About an hour because we got lost
because our map from Google Maps sucked, it was all turned around. After
getting there Kristin and Sarah unpacked and I wandered around the apartment. Checking
it out. Then we went to get ourselves a Dรถner
Kebap and back to the airport. By the time we got back the apartment it was
time for shower and bed which is what I’m about to do now. Goodnight J
No comments:
Post a Comment