Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 11 May 13- The Synagogue and being a Mother Hen


Day 11 May 13, 2012
And Sunday was the day of rest. Quite literally I slept pretty much all day. I woke up at 11 and layed in bed for a while and accidently fell asleep. I didn’t get out of bed until McInnis texted me and told me everyone had to meet and the New Synagogue at 4:30. Then I just bummed around and made pizza for me and Kristin.  Travis took Denise to the train station around 2 and Kristin and I decided to do laundry in the tub and to take a nap.
Then at 3:45 we left for the Synagogue and got there just on time. We were there for over 2 hours almost 2.5 because McInnis took forever. It was interesting but there wasn’t a ton to see because it was largely destroyed and they don’t have much original stuff left and pictures from the top were prohibited. Lame.  After that we went to dinner and then Ryne and I went to Starbucks to get internet before heading back the apartments. Most people were pretty drunk and I aided in putting people to sleep. Nate and Liz were really funny and a little over the top. Apparently a bottle and a shot glass were broken while we were out and Liz had cut her finger. By the time I settled in and opened a beer everyone was kind of scattering but I stayed and talked to Ryne and Nate and Karl. Then Nate and Karl decided they wanted to get more beer so they went off and I just hung with Ryne. After a while Emily came up looking for Karl and that’s when we realized how long they had been gone considering the store is right across the street and we decided to go looking for them. We didn’t make it far because by the time we got to the door to leave they were just coming back. We told them how stupid they were for walking around because both of them were drunk and Nate doesn’t speak any German. When we all got back upstairs Karl and Emily went to bed.  When it came to putting Nate to bed it was ridiculous. First he wanted water then bread then more bread. He kept lecturing me and Ryne about going out when people didn’t know where we were and other random things even though he just did the same thing. It was funny but at the same time I just wanted to get him to bed so I could go to bed too. I finally got to bed around 3ish.  Sorry it was a boring day. Not much to report. Tomorrow should be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment