Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 4 May 6


Day 4 May 6, 2012
Today was a lot of fun. Kristin and I woke up around 10:30-10:45 because McInnis was supposed to come at noon. We woke up and ate breakfast; we had Fruit Rings which is basically the generic German version of Fruit Loops. Hey were slightly bigger and had a slightly different texture but were really good. After breakfast we got dressed and just kinda hung around. We made sure Sarah was up and finally McInnis got here around 12:30 (it seems he is always late). Then we headed to Schloss Charlottenburg which is a really beautiful palace on the out skirts of Berlin. It was beautiful and we took an audio tour around the old part of the palace. We bought some post cards and walked around the gardens a bit. The gardens were HUGE and seriously spanned acres. There was a fountain and a big pond as well as lots of wonderful smelling lilac bushes and a porcelain museum that we opted out of because McInnis didn’t have money and because it cost extra after the 8€ ticket we had already bought to the palace. After the gardens we decided to get something to eat for dinner and we chose authentic German food. We went to a brewery (very German) the Spezi (a drink mix of Coke and Fanta) came in these awesome beer mugs and I ordered Flammkuchen. Flammkuchen is kinda like a pizza except it’s not. It has a super thin crust almost like paper but better tasting. Then it has a cream cheese/sour cream type sauce and mine was topped with red onions bacon and leaks. It was really good. Kristin got spӓtzel with cheese and ham. We split because neither one of us could decide what sounded better. After dinner we sat and talked a bit then got back on the train to come to the apartments. The train near Alexander Platz is kind of under construction/maintenance right now so we have to hop off and switch sides like every 2 stops. When we got back to Heinrich Heine Straβe we decided to find a post office so we could send our wonderful boyfriends their postcardsJ. We figured out the automated stamp machine and realized they are actually cheaper than we originally thought only ,75€. After that we got back to the apartments and Kristin and I each had a glass of Riesling wine (which is a German wine) and we talked and she recorded her video blog which is hilarious. I was her camera girl, lol. After that I took a shower and we are probably going to be getting ready for bed soon. Tomorrow the other students start to arrive and Kristin Sarah and I get to help people find their way back the apartments J yay, kinda. I like that I know what I am doing and that people get to rely on me but if we could do it so can they. Ryne, Colin, and Nate  come in first so that will be interesting. I’m looking forward to having more people here but at the same time I’m not I have become rather comfortable in my apartment and the small group excursions into the city. I think once everyone else shows up the group dynamic will be completely different but I am sure it will still be fun. Now I should be going to bed since I need to completely reset my sleep patterns. Gute Nacht!!

No comments:

Post a Comment