Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 19- I have no title.


Day 19 May 21, 2012
I didn’t write again last night and honestly I don’t have a reason except that I was a bit tired and didn’t want to. It was still late when I went to bed and there wasn’t much for me to say. Yesterday was Sunday so we didn’t have our class in the morning which is always nice. Kristin and I didn’t wake up til around 1:30 and then we decided we wanted pancakes for breakfast. Always a good idea. The pancake mix was pretty simple and we only had to add milk and shake. They weren’t like pancakes in the US, they were more like crepes but still really delicious. We did have to meet McInnis in the afternoon for a tour of the Reichstag Parliament Building. It was actually really interesting and we saw a lot. We had to meet McInnis at 3:10 in front of the security checkpoint. Our tour wasn’t until 3:30 but we needed time to get through. The tour took around 90 minutes and the woman who did our tour just walked us around explaining the history of the building and what happens where. After the Reichstag we all headed back to the apartments. Ryne and I went down to the bakery for a while until the server crashed, then we decided to go on a little date and we walked a few blocks to this little café restaurant. We each had a few beers and we played cards and talked. It was nice to have some down time and just relax. Our waitress was really nice and we both were able to practice our German a little, because I’m pretty sure she didn’t speak English. We got back round 11, then I showered and Phil called and I talked to him for about 45 minutes before crawling into bed and going to sleep.
Today we had class as usual at 9. I woke up around 8:35 which is pretty early for me and ate breakfast then got dressed and headed to class. I forgot to mention in earlier posts but the cereal Kristin and I eat every morning is absolutely delicious! It’s made by Kelloggs but we don’t have it in the States. Its called Chocos. I am thinking about bringing some home to eat there and then writing to the company saying to sell them in the US they are that good. Anyway, class was pretty boring. We talked about architecture which no one in the class except for McInnis cares even remotely about. He had us read an article in class which was a huge waste of time and I would have much rather slept. After class I took a nap until 11:30 or so and then made myself a Bockwurst, which is like a giant tasty hot dog, but not the cheap ones. Shortly thereafter, McInnis was here to pick us up and we headed over to the Bauhaus Archive. McInnis made it sound super cool when he talked about it but honestly I was bored out of my mind while we were there. It’s a museum kinda, but for a movement of a style of design. I don’t really know how to explain it. But we couldn’t take pictures so I can’t even explain. It’s trying to find the balance between function simplicity. So everything was really modern and I didn’t think most of it even looked cool. I have a pamphlet that might have more information for you if you are interested.
After an hour at the Bauhaus Archive, we met with McInnis to discuss what we liked and didn’t like for about 45 minutes and then we were allowed to go do whatever we wanted. We decided to go back to the apartments and play cards and relax. Shortly after we decided we all wanted Spaghetti Eis (Spaghetti Ice Cream). I’m not sure if I already explained what this was but basically, on a plate you get a dollop of whipped cream, on top of that is vanilla ice cream that was pushed through a contraption to make it look like noodles. Then it is covered in strawberry sauce and sprinkled with white chocolate flakes. It looks like a plate of spaghetti and is absolutely wonderful. Then we played cards at the apartments again and later I made real spaghetti and chicken schnitzel for dinner. We also had a few glasses of white wine with dinner. After those few glasses of wine we decided to keep drinking since we don’t have class tomorrow and we invited people over and all had a few beers and a drink we created called orange sherbet, which is Captain Morgan and MezzoMix (a drink we don’t have in the US which is Coke mixed with orange Fanta). We sat on the balcony and talked and listened to music. It was a good night. Around 12:30 I got in the shower and now am journaling so I can get to bed early again.
We don’t have class tomorrow, but we are meeting to go to an art museum, which I am sure I am not going to like because that’s not really my thing but I am really excited about no class. I might not journal tomorrow but I will for sure Wednesday night because once again we aren’t having class but we are going to a poetry slam and that sounds pretty cool. Good night J

No comments:

Post a Comment