Day 22 May 24, 2012
Yesterday was my birthday J
and I didn’t blog. We had class at 9am and I didn’t wake up to my alarm so
Travis woke me and Kristin up at 8:55, Kristin ended up not going to class
because she was sick and spent most of the night throwing up and just generally
not feeling so well. In class we discussed a short story McInnis had us read.
It was actually a decent story and I didn’t mind talking about it. Discussing
took a while and after discussion we were allowed to do whatever we wanted
until 6:50 when McInnis was going to pick us up to go to a poetry slam. I
didn’t go out on the town because I wanted to make sure someone was taking care
of Kristin and that she would feel better. I did some laundry and went on a
dinner date with Ryne to our secret spot. We made it back just in time to meet
McInnis. The poetry slam was pretty far away and little did we know at the time
but it was in Berlin’s gay district at a gay bar. It was funny and the poetry
was good from what I could understand. One person presented in English and he
was really funny, some of the German speakers spoke way to fast and didn’t
annunciate very well. We left after the first round and headed back to the
apartments because it was getting late and I wanted to go out for drinks for my
birthday. When we got back Liz bailed because she was tired, broke, and getting
a headache, so it was just me, Emily, Karl, Nate and Ryne who went out. We went
to Molotow (?) Cocktail which we had gone to before the first weekend we were
all here and then to a Mexican restaurant down the street further. It was good
and cheap and made me really want to go get some Los Aztecas, so this weekend
me and Collin are going to go back and get burritos.
We come back pretty early, which is fine because we had a
busy day planned for today. This morning McInnis picked us up at 11 to head
over to Potsdamer Platz and visit the Sony Center and the film museum inside.
The Sony Center is really cool and there is a movie theater there so Ryne and I
decided we are going to see Dark Shadows
the new Jonny Depp movie on Saturday night. I’m excited, the movie is playing
in English but I think it will be cool going to a famous German movie theater.
After the Sony Center and Museum, McInnis gave us a few hours to get lunch
before meeting him at his apartment for a movie. Collin and I were really
craving Knödel (Kloβ)
which is a giant potato dumping so we searched the city for an authentic German
restaurant that served them (they are hard to find in Berlin because they are a
Bavarian dish).
The movie we watched with McInnis wasn’t horrible but not
great either. I believe it was called Solo Sunny but I can’t remember. After
the movie we went back home and me and Ryne worked on homework for tomorrow,
ate dinner, and now we are blogging. It’s still pretty early here but I am
tired and an going to shower and go to bed early tonight hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment