Day 17 May 19, 2012
Friday’s are never good blogging days for me it seems, I get
too carried away with other things at night to remember to sit down and do it,
so starting with yesterday morning. McInnis let us sleep in an hour so we had
class at 10, because he didn’t think that it would take every long for us to
talk about our homework assignments over our memorials but he was definitely
wrong. Class lasted almost 2 hours but it wasn’t bad because it was interesting
hearing each others’ opinions on things we have seen. After class we were done
for the day class wise. McInnis didn’t take us out on the town and we had until
7:10 Saturday morning to do what we wanted. So after McInnis let us out a
little before noon, me and Kristin made pizza for lunch and sat down and talked
with Travis. Thursday was a holiday so everything was closed so we couldn’t get
groceries when we needed to so we went to the store after lunch with Travis and
Collin and took back 5 EUR worth of bottles. It was pretty nice. But we also
spent a whopping 45EUR on groceries. After grocery shopping we decided to hit
the town and do some shopping. Collin wanted to buy some Birkenstocks so first
stop was Friedrich Strasse. Collin bought his shoes and so did I and I AM IN
LOVE with them. After that Travis wanted to go to a bookstore called
Zweithausandeins (2001) it was really cool. There was lots of stuff and some
interesting books and movies. We saw some porn cartoon books. I didn’t buy
anything because I don’t really need books but it was cool to see. After the bookstore
we decided to go and try to find by gummy bear store. Which was a bust. The
store apparently doesn’t exist but I plan on looking again later. After that we
came back to the apartments to make dinner because last night was the night for
our PUB CRAWL!
The pub crawl was great, despite having absolutely no
direction on where we were supposed to go and what not. It was a little sketchy
at first because the website just said meet at the old post office. Once the
group leaders got there we headed to the first bar which was less than a block
down the street. I was cool. We got a free sour apple shot when we got in and
it was dim basement bar with great atmosphere. We chilled there for about an
hour drinking and having a good time. We went to 4 bars and a night club called
the Matrix. It was so much fun. Kristin was a bit drunk and I ended up turning
into Momma Hen by the 4th bar. I still had fun though and we met
some really cool people from all over. Matrix was absolutely awesome! We got
there a little before midnight and it was completely packed! It puts every
American dance club to shame. The dance floor was packed, there were cages, and
people dancing by the DJ in glowing robot like suits. It was similar to clubs
in the Jersey Shore but way cooler and less trashy and people weren’t orange.
It didn’t stay there too long but it was fun while we were there. We plan on
going back sometime but the line was seriously crazy.
We left there around 1:10 and didn’t get home til almost 3
because trains don’t run often at night. When I got home I quick showered and
went to bed we had an early morning Saturday. McInnis wanted us to all be up
and ready at 7:10 because today was the day for Dresden. I woke up at 6:30
feeling fine, just a bit tired, ate breakfast and got ready to go to out for
the day. The weather was supposed to be nice so I was super excited.
We got on our Regional Bahn towards Dresden at 7:50. The
first leg of the trip lasted an hour and I was out like a light. The seats were
a but uncomfortable but we made it work and I slept the whole way to the next
station. Once we got there and switched trains Kristin and I went to the back
and put our feet up. It was amazing. I got comfortable quickly and slept the
next 2 hours to Dresden’s Hauptbahnhof. Once we got to Dresden we had about an
hour of free time before we had to meet for our tour time at the art museum. I
didn’t like that at all. I was not in any way shape or form interested in the
paintings the guide was showing us. But I toughened up and tredged through it
and after the hour tour went and got ice cream and sat in the wonderful warm
German sun. We had another tour planned at the Opera House at 3. I was actually
looking forward to this tour because the building was amazing and I had heard
good things about it. The tour was cool and we learned a lot. Unfortunately I
couldn’t take pictures so that sucks but I guess my photographic memory will
have to do. After that tour got over we had just over an hour before the first
train left out of Dresden to go back to Berlin and if we wanted to catch the
soccer game we had to take that train. So we walked back towards the station
and on the way looked at little shops and vendors. It was really cool because
there as a street music festival going on and it was packed. It was really neat
and I wish I would’ve had more time to
explore. The whole way back on the train me and Ryne slept using each other for
pillows and comfort. When we got back we watched Munich lose to Chelsea (UK) in
a very intense match. Then we people watched a bit and made fun of some really
ugly Americans from the East coast. And I don’t mean ugly as in looks. They
were loud and drunk and just being stupid. They are the type of people who give
Americans a bad name. They left and headed to the bars, Me Collin Travis and
Kristin shot the bull for a while before deciding that we are all tired and
really should get some sleep. Tomorrow is Sunday and most shops are closed so we have a boring-ish day. We have to meet at 3:10 for a tour of the inside of the Parliament building which will be cool. I plan on doing some laundry and cleaning house a bit. But no promises there. I am super tired so I might just sleep all day and only get up for class. Gute Nacht.
Here are some pictures of us all being a little crazy on the pub crawl.
Here are some pictures of us all being a little crazy on the pub crawl.
No comments:
Post a Comment