Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 13 May 15


Day 13 May 15, 2012
Class today was especially boring. We discussed the next chapter of Ladd and quite honestly I cant even tell you what it was about because I slept through most of it. Especially after the 5 minute break he gave us. I had a pillow, laid down and even started snoring :/ oops. Class got out a little before 11:00 and then I came down to my apartment and took a nap. I woke up again around 12:30 and made me a sandwich for lunch and hung out with Travis until Kristin woke up. McInnis came at 1:30 to take us sightseeing.
Today is idea of sightseeing was walking around on Karl-Marx Allee and pointing out different types of architecture and just talking and taking pictures. After walking for about 45 minutes or so we got on a train and headed to a park on the south east side of town to see the Memorial for Soviet Soldiers. McInnis got us lost and had to ask for directions from a couple walking around with their dog in a grassy meadow. It was kinda embarrassing but whatever. The memorial/monument was ridiculous! It was so massive and overtook the entire area. It was kinda pretty but at the same time I think it was over done. At the front on top of a huge hill there was a statue with a soldier holding a small child. Below the statue there was a room filled with flowers and a beautiful mosaic. I took lots of pictures and spent lots of time with Ryne and Abbey. We weren’t there for very long and then we headed back to do our own thing. I decided to go to Alexanderplatz with Kristin to get internet and upload pictures. That turned out to be a fail because I only got like 10 pictures uploaded but I will try again later this week. We were at Starbucks until they closed at 9:00 then we headed back and Ryne and I had a little dinner date. We found out everyone is upstairs getting drunk and Travis is sleeping. Kristin has a headache so she just showered and is getting ready for bed. Im sure she won’t actually go to sleep right now but she wants to feel better. I might go upstairs later but even if I do I won’t drink too much. I have no desire to get drunk every night and I have a hard enough time getting up in the morning as it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment